A healthier alternative to "Fish Fry"
As the new year brings us in, a large percentage of folks attempt a new goal or change a few habits to be a bit healthier. Of course, in our home we love to fish, and we love enjoying our harvest from time to time. For Christmas this year, I purchased an air fryer for Alie. Yes, it is an unwritten rule not to get your lady appliances, dishes, pots, pans etc. but she really wanted one of these. I must admit, it does not disappoint. One of our favorite ways to have fish is fish tacos. It's a lighter meal, and usually on the healthier side. Well, now with an air fryer, we are really eating healthier and not sacrificing any of the flavor or taste. Here is the recipe for you to try. Enjoy
2tablespoons sour cream
1clove garlic, finely chopped
1teaspoon lime juice
1 1/2cups shredded green cabbage
1/4cup thinly sliced red onion
2tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
1/2cup plain panko crispy bread crumbs
1/2lb skinless white fish fillets s
1 package mini flour tortillas heated as directed on package
Sliced avocado, thinly sliced radishes, chopped fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges
1. In medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and salt. Add cabbage and red onion; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate cabbage mixture until ready to serve.
2. Cut 8-inch round of cooking parchment paper. Place in bottom of air fryer basket.
3. In shallow dish, place taco seasoning mix. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water. In third shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Coat fish with taco seasoning mix; dip into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
4. Place fish on parchment in air fryer basket. Set to 350°F; cook 8 minutes. Turn fish; cook 4 to 6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork (at least 145°F). Cut fish into bite-size pieces.
5. Divide cabbage mixture among taco bowls. Top with fish, then top with avocado, radishes and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.